Sesame Workshop is looking for a Senior Research Analyst who is an experienced market research professional to support company-wide market research needs. The Research Analyst will play a pivotal role in managing the day-to-day market research activities related to Sesame Street, Sesame Workshop and various business endeavors. This right candidate would be responsible for supporting the market research team across a variety of projects inclusive by not limited to rating analysis, syndicated research analysis, analyzing primary research data, creating sales sheets for business teams, etc.
Please note: This position is based in Sesame Workshop’s NYC office and requires a fulltime M-F 9:30 AM-5:30 PM commitment.
Who you Report to: This position reports to the Senior Director Market Research but will be working closely and in support of the Vice President Market Research and Senior Manager Market Research.
- Day to day support for the research team
- Responsible for creating and distributing monthly rating reports
- Answer ad-hoc requests from business units across the company which may include creating sales sheets or pitch decks for various needs
- Be responsible for sending out “landscape updates” to the internal teams including quarterly competitive show update
- Be responsible for creating and distributing reports on various syndicated data including E-score, Brand Trends, Digital TV reports, etc.
- Support the market research team on various primary research projects
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree a plus
- 3-4 years’ experience in a media/market research environment
- 2+ years using Nielsen N-Power
- Experience with other analytics tools (Google Analytics, YouTube Analytics, etc) a plus
- Experience with primary research (surveys, focus groups, etc) a plus
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
Other Desired Skills and Experience
- You have personally worked with ratings data or analytics data
- Experience selecting and managing vendors including contract and budget management
- Experience working with syndicated primary research studies
- Desire to learn about primary market research both in the US and across the globe
- Strong math and statistical skills.
- Ability to convey research findings in “non-research” language to internal partners
- Ability to use research to help the company think strategically
- Strong project management skills
- You enjoy working closely with business partners to provide teams with the highest level of research support – including ad-hoc and short turn-around requests
- Strong attention to detail & time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- You have high energy and enthusiasm for the position
- Work well in a high-pressure environment
- Must be able to work with internal partners across functional areas